Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Day 2 under our belts and I am loving the routine of it! Today took her a while to do the journal. I am not sure yet if I will keep going at it the way I have and see if she just gets quicker at it the more practice she gets or maybe change it. I will reevaluate after this week is over. I think I need to give her a lesson on how a piece of paper works LOL Sounds strange, but so she knows about margins and things like that and where her letters are expected to be on the line. Her handwriting needs help... BAD! If I am not seeing this improving with the daily practice of her school work I may look into adding handwriting into our daily lessons.
Sam joined us again for part of it and that is working out surprisingly well! I was worried how he would do down there and if Lucy would be able to focus with him around. It was a bit of a distraction, but after a bit she was fine. He is happy too because there are toys down there that he doesn't have up here so it is great fun for him!
Tomorrow we are having a party at my friends house because she has decided to homeschool her kids too and it would have been their first day at public school tomorrow so in turn we celebrate that they are not :) This is so early into our routine I am not sure how I want to do it with Lucy if I want her to do some school before we go or after or just call the party school since we have a bunch of activities planned for them all of which can be considered educational. I am fine with calling it school, I just worry about giving myself too much leeway because my motivation is one of my big concerns with this working for us. Since that will only be day 3 I feel like I am setting myself up for slacking if we "skip" although maybe this will not be an issue at all because honestly I might be sad if we "skip" because I am loving this!

No comments:

Post a Comment